dinsdag 3 januari 2012

Arrival in Argentina

If you’re only interested to read something about gliding: stop reading. I just arrived in Buenos Aires and I have nothing to tell about gliding yet..

Because I couldn’t get a KLM ticket I had to take the night flight from Lufthansa. At least I could fly in business (close call, because somebody thought I didn’t meet the dress code!). Well, there is no other option to fly such a long flight through the night then business (or better): 14 hours!!

I’ll keep it as short as I can: took a cab to the hotel in the middle of the center. It is really a top spot and the price is fair, but the rooms aren’t. Interesting to see how they fit a double bed, a closet, a CRT-TV, two bedside tables, a desk, a bidet, a sink, a toilet and a shower in just 9m2! Noisy too and I forgot to ask for an inside room :( I tried to sleep, but soon I found myself buying a ticket for the bus, getting a local phone number and eating the first steak in Argentina. The wine was superb but I was a bit disappointed in the meat. Let’s see if the steak in the Pampas is better than in touristic B.A. The size of the steaks is a bit disturbing (…) and it makes you wonder how the girls keep their slim figures!

I wanted to do some sightseeing and I’m very curious about the night life, but I’m just too tired and a upcoming flu is bothering me. But no worries: I’ll be back! So far B.A. managed to make it to my personal top 5 city and after the Pre-Worlds I’ll give the city a change to get a medal.

Tomorrow the bus @ 9am to Tres Arroyos (about 7 to 8 hours) where I hopefully meet Franco Toselli. He’ll be my retriever, encyclopedia, helper, translator, advisor etc for the next three weeks. So far he has been very helpful and as he is complaining that the local beers are not strong enough I think we’ll get along just fine ;)

Good night!

PS: I totally regret skipping my Spanish lessons..

2 opmerkingen:

  1. fijn dat je goed bent aangekomen. Veel succes met je bus rit. en we blijven volgen.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Forgot to mention the chair... :)

    Bedankt ma, alles ok gegaan!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen