zondag 15 januari 2012

Competition day 5

A racing task. 317 km. Weather is going to be blue and not so good as the day before. Tactics: wait, but not too long. I was really hoping that everybody wasn't going to wait too long. The first group departed exactly on the time I had in mind as my latest departure time. So I waited a bit more.. The second group was not in a hurry, so I departed in between. The goal: get to the first group and hope that the second group doesn't get to it. Aspecially not using me as a bridge! It worked out fine. Not perfect, but fine. On the second leg we got nice high cumulus, so we had fun flying home. I became third. I'm getting closer to the bottle of wine... ;)

So nothing really special for this day. Franco discoverd some damage on the tail caused by the tail dolly. So sanding on the airlplane has to be done this morning and he has been busy all yesterday evening repairing the dolly. Thanks Franco!

Today they expect that the subsidy inversion will have more influence. Thermals are going to be surpressed and wind will pick up again. Lets wait and see!

1 opmerking: